Formats for Today's Technologies
Cintrex AV Blog
8 & 16mm Film Transfer
Video Tape Transfer
Digitize Broadcast Tapes
Slides, Photos & Negatives
Video Editing Services
List of Archive Options
Archive to Blu-ray Disc
Archive to LTO Tape
Archive to the Cloud
Physical to Digital
Backup for Mobile Devices
Backup for Cloud Collections
LightJar Cloud Storage
How To Place An Order
Request A Quote
File Size Chart
Log-in to Resellers' Site
LightJar Affiliate Program
Solutions for Today's Technologies
The way people view and play and share their digital content is changing, expanding. It used to be played from a DVD or CD player. Now people view their videos and photos from their smartphone, listen to audio recordings on WiFi headsets; or when home, cast this content onto their HDTV from their smartphone or tablet. And when they want to share videos and photos with friends and family, they use the Web.
The DVD player has been replaced by the Blu-ray Media Player. New laptops and tablets no longer offer the option of a DVD player. Instead, USB flash-drives and SD cards or Web download links are used to store and play home movies.
To stay relevant Cintrex AV offers service products to meet today's customers' expectations. We provide media conversion, archiving and sharing services for different generations of customers, all wanting to save their important video, audio and image recordings. We can help your customers that want to convert old recordings on film, video tapes, and 35mm slides to new digital formats; and we are also able to help those customers that have recently captured new memories on their smartphones and digital cameras' SD cards. There are solutions for your corporate customers that want to repurpose the media content from the past for new marketing campaigns. Whatever the requested final format or the preferred delivery method, Cintrex AV can help you meet your customers' expectations.
Examples for Today's Customers
1. CONVERTING OLD FORMATS The Baby Boomer couple wants to save the valuable media recordings in their video tape collection for their children and grandchildren. They ask what the correct new format should be for long term preservation of family history, and what is the best way to get copies to their family living across the country.
- offer conversion of the tapes to both an playable optical disc (DVD or Blu-ray) and MP4 data files. The disc can be played at home, and data files can be shared with family via USB flash-drives in the US Mail or transferred via the Web. The MP4 files can also be edited later on by other members of the family; these files could even be made into another playable disc if one was ever needed. A nice additional option would be to save the MP4 files on a Blu-ray M-DISC, rated by the US Navy as having a shelf life of 1,000 years.
2. CONVERTING NEW FORMATS Most video and photos recorded by today's consumers end up on SD cards in smartphones or digital cameras. How does the consumer move this content to a media that can be easily be viewed by the family and shared with friends?
- Transfer the video content to a playable Blu-ray Disc that can properly display high defintion video on a person's HDTV (DVDs cannot show high definition video), and also convert the SD card's video to HD MP4 video files that can be shared via the web, and viewed from the person's smartphones, no matter where they are, 24/7.
3. CONVERTING DVDs to MP4 FILES Customer want to transfer their home movies on DVD to mobile formats for sharing with others across the Web, or for hosting on a streaming website.
- Convert DVDs to H.264 MP4 files; making sure that the files are in progressive frame format (instead of interlaced) so that mobile devices can easily play the files. Return the new files via the Web or on USB flash-drive.
4. MOBILE USERS Consumers want to be able to access their videos and photos 24/7 from their smartphones and tablets. They want to be able to share this content with people that are important to them.
- offer them a cloud storage service, such as LightJar, which can be used to access home movies 24/7 from any device with a modern browser, and offers an excellent means to share content with friends and family.
5. DIY VIDEO EDITORS Consumers are becoming more capable of doing their own video editing; using the software tools that come standard on Windows and Apple computers.
- advertise to your customers that you offer conversion solutions that have data file formats, specifically MOV or AVI or MP4, as the finished products. Content on video tapes, 8mm and 16mm film, audio recordings, DVDs, and SD cards can be converted to any new file format wanted by your potential customers.
6. MORE REQUESTS FOR DATA FILES The video DVD DISC is being relegated to the backup copy for family home movies. Today’s video viewing experience is much better served by digitized video and image content that can be easily transported, shared, stored in multiple places, and accessed from multiple devices.
- offer the customer two (2) new formats - saving their content to both Disc and Data File.
7. NEED FOR BACKUP STORAGE With a smartphone in everyone’s pocket or purse, more video and more photos are being recorded than ever before. Customers need storage space for all of their recorded content.
- We offer secure long term backup solutions so your customers can save their content, and view it when needed. One option is storage of photos and videos on Blu-ray M-Disc, rated by the US Navy to have a shelf life of up to 1,000 years. Another option is our LightJar cloud storage service, providing customers a private, secure storage account from which to access their content 24/7 from any location. LightJar also provides a very affordable, easy way for your customers to share collections across the Web with family and friends. Customers upload their content, organize it into collections, and then share it as needed..
8. PROFESSIONAL BROADCAST TAPES The corporate marketing department for a local company needs its library of broadcast video tapes converted to high resolution, quality content for use in a new marketing campaign.
- Convert the tapes’ content to digital file formats that can be readily used by marketing departments. Our conversion services provide a high-end capture and reformatting of tapes’ content. We can also apply add-on services when needed, such as up-conversion to 1080P content, digital noise reduction and color correction.
9. VIDEO SLIDESHOWS Special events such as weddings, anniversaries, graduations, birthday parties and memorial services will frequently have need to display photos or play videos.
- A welcome addition to these events is a video slideshow containing photos, video clips, onscreen titles and background music. We offer a turnkey service with 48 hour turnaround providing a custom video. Labels, music selection, and photo sequence are all done per customer specification.
10. DVDs NO LONGER WORK Video DVDs get scratched, damaged, lost or simply old and no longer play. Some customers do not properly handle or store their video DVDs and valuable home movie content is lost forever.
- Suggest that your customer make an extra copy of their DVDs containing home movies to protect their content. A small investment now saves valuable content in the future. Make a 2nd physical DVD or ISO Image file copy at your place.
The ISO image can be saved by the customer on multiple flash-drives or computers, and when needed, can be used to easily create a new playable disc. Or, if something more modern is desired, send the ISO image or copy of the DVD to
Cintrex, and we can use it to reformat the DVD into Blu-ray Discs or Data Files. You can send us the ISO image file via LightJar, and we can use the ISO image to reformat the content into newer formats, such as data files that can be shared with others. No need to send us the master DVD, sending the ISO image to us via the Cloud removes the chance of loss during inbound shipment.
11. SLIDE PROJECTOR REPAIR There are still lots of 35mm slides out there that will need scanning and conversion; but the family’s Kodak slide projector stopped working, and families no longer know what they have.
- Resell our Kodak Slide Projector repair service. We repair hundreds of slide projectors each year. If you go to our online store and read the reviews, you'll see that our customers are very happy with our service.
12. CLOUD SERVICES FOR BUSINESS If you have not already done so, consider using a cloud storage service as a business tool Conduct business with your customers over the web - take in their content, return their content, show them rough drafts of current projects, and collaborate with your customers for more business.
What can we offer today's Consumers?
High Definition Quality Content
HD Film Transfer (1080P) of 8mm & 16mm film returned as HD files or Blu-ray Discs. We also do film with sound.
8mm & 16mm Film Color Correction
Digital Noise Reduction for Video Tapes
Up-conversion when transferring Broadcast Tapes
Automated file-based quality control for giving the best color and clarity in the new digital files
Web Ready Formats - easily transportable and shared
H.264 MP4 files for customers film and video transfer orders
Convert DVDs, SD cards, camcorder hard-drives, miniDVDs, Sony XDCAM discs, etc - all to H.264 MP4 files
MP3 for customers' audio transfer orders for reel-to-reel tapes, LPs, cassette tapes, or CDs
JPG files for photos and 35mm slides and film negatives
Smart Phone friendly content - video files easily played on Android and Apple phones
H.264 MP4 files that are progressive, not interlaced
Content that they can edit
Offer MP4, MOV, AVI, Apple ProRes 422 or HQ, or whatever formats customer want for their video files that they intend to edit
TIFF files for high end transfer of negatives, photos, and 35mm slides
Cloud Storage / Web Delivery
A means for the customer to Preserve, Organize, and Share their favorite memories from anyplace with any device
A means for you to return customer files via the Web, collaborate with customers on digital media projects, and back up important work
LTO Tape Backup for Corporate Customers
Archive data files onto LTO-6 tapes; these tapes have a 30 year shelf life. Each tape can hold up to 2.5 TB, and are considered better for long term backup than hard-drives or flash-drives.
Safe, secure Backup for smart phone videos and photos
Backup your customers smart phone video and photos to archival Blu-ray Disc or archival DVD
More Delivery Options of finished jobs for today's customers
DVD, Blu-ray, USB Flash-drive, external hard-drive, Web download, deposit in the customer's cloud account, placement in their YouTube account, etc.
Corporate customers need your help.
Conversion of Broadcast Tapes - For PR firms, Marketing Departments, and News stations - yesterday's news is made available for today's marketing and licensing initiatives.
1080P High Definition Sprocket-less Film Transfer - For Universities, Museums, Religious Orders, State and Local Governments, and Libraries
Backup / Archive video projects to LTO Tape or Cloud Storage - Help Film producers and Videographers protect their hard work, and get work done faster, with cloud storage for secure backup, and always available from anywhere access for sharing and collaboration.
Extend Your Footprint - Offer long distance formatting services - offer your customers the ability to transfer their work to you via the Web, and deliver the finish projects back to them. Store their projects safely for future use when needed.
Frequently Asked Questions
Cintrex AV Blog
Products & Services
High Definition Film Transfer
Consumer Video Tape Transfer
Professional Video Tape Transfer
Slides, Photos & Negatives
LTO Tape Services
Kodak Slide Projector Repair
Toll Free: 800-325-9541
101 Weldon Parkway
Maryland Heights, Missouri 63043
M-F 8:00AM to 4:30PM CST
Copyright 2016 by Cintrex AV
Olark live chat software