Terms of Service for Cintrex AV delivery of services to it Resellers
Provide understanding on mutual expectations in the operation and services delivery by Cintrex Audio Visual to its partner Resellers who resell Cintrex service products to their respective end customers.
The relationship between Cintrex AV and its Resellers is defined as the following:
- Professional courtesy and respect between the supplier and reseller partner in regular communications, shared expectations, order placement, delivery, and problem resolution.
- Quality service products delivered on-time by Cintrex AV.
- Timely payment for service rendered by Resellers.
- Our mutual end-user customers experience a positive transaction.
Cintrex will provide the following services to its Resellers:
- Training - to the Resellers’ salespeople to sell the product and to the lab technicians to understand the process, plus unlimited Q&A as necessary to help Resellers become competent in selling, ordering and supporting transfer services.
- Marketing Help & Materials – brochures, posters, countertop stickers, order forms, unlimited Q&A, and web-ready HTML content
- Secure website for Resellers as a repository for all the necessary information and guides to support the Resellers
- Quality media conversion transfer services
- Confidentiality – all Customer content is protected and not shared or distributed
- Timely response to all Resellers inquiries
- Timely response to problems and concerns brought up by Customers and Resellers; Cintrex assumes up front that it is at fault when problems happen and works to correct the problems to the Resellers’ and Customers’ benefit
- Professionalism from Cintrex staff in all areas when working with Resellers
- Timely shipment of product to meet commitment to Resellers and due dates for Customers. Our commitment for average order turnaround is 2 weeks, from the day we receive the Reseller’s order to when it is returned to the Reseller’s shop.
- Timely and correct invoicing for work performed
- Appropriate labeling of product and packages as asked for by Customers and Resellers
The Reseller commits to the following:
- Professionalism in working with Cintrex, and in representing Cintrex products and services
- Complete Order Paperwork for better communication of expectations and understanding; and acceptance of the Limitation of Liability by Customers or Resellers
- Arrangement of shipment of Customer orders to Cintrex, including proper packaging of customers' contents in a safe, protected manner so that they can hold up to rough handling while in transit to our lab.
- Timely payment to Cintrex for services per agreed upon terms of payment (credit card payment at time of invoicing or Net 30 for selected Resellers)
Competitive wholesale rates are available to all Resellers, via online price lists, individual online product spec sheets, and annual handouts called Services Handbooks. Wholesale rates for Cintrex service products begin at 40% off suggested retail prices. When Resellers receive invoices from Cintrex, the final net pricing will reflect wholesale net pricing.
Cintrex will work with Resellers as necessary to win customer business in competitive situations. Wholesale purchase pricing on such deals should be agreed upon between Cintrex and its Resellers before any orders are placed upon Cintrex. Cintrex will only recommend competitive retail transfer rates to its Resellers; it is up to Resellers to determine final retail sales pricing.
Certain non-service products, specifically storage media such as flash-drives and external hard-drives, are not eligible for wholesale pricing (no discounts given). For these type hard goods, Resellers may supply their own products if they wish, instead of buying them for Cintrex AV.
Film Splicing Charges: For film transfer orders that contain 50ft and 100ft film reels we will charge extra for the labor involved in handling these film reels. See the list below for explanations on the various requests that come in from customers.
- Aggregrate Splicing (a retail price of $1, wholesale price of $0.60) Each film splice used to aggregate small film clips from 50ft and 100ft film reels onto larger 400ft transfer reels when we prepare film for scanning and transfer. This charge covers the extra labor in prepping the film; and is applied for each 50ft film reel. If the customer gives you 100 50ft film reels, then an additional charge of $100 will be applied to the order, with a net wholesale price of $60.
- Film Repair: $1 retail ($0.60 wholesale) for each repair splice made to your customers film, which we make for removing damaged, krinkled, and blank film.
- Reel Labor - returning film back to original 50ft and 100ft reels: Instead of $1 per splice charge for aggregating film from 50ft and 100ft reels onto a larger 400ft takeup reel, we charge $2 retail ($1.20 wholesale) to both aggregate the film and then return it back to the original reels.
- Digital splices - having each 50ft and 100ft reel made into its own movie file; requires extra leader between each film strip, and then extra editing time for the final files. Rather than charge $1 for aggregate splicing, or $2 for returing film to original small reels, we will charge $3 retail ($1.80 wholesale) for each 50ft or 100ft reel that is made into its own file.
Minimum Order Rule on Film Transfer Orders: $30 Wholesale Price
Cintrex works with Resellers to support their Brand, working behind the curtain to deliver the requested services as the Resellers' lab, and placing Resellers' logos and company names on disc and case packaging materials, and supplying non-logo'd marketing materials. In arrangements where we work behind the curtain, Cintrex will not contact the Resellers' customers. We ask Resellers to place the customers' last names on order forms, so that we have another way to sort and find Resellers orders when inquiries are made about status or concerns. Cintrex makes no demand that Resellers push its brand. The Resellers, however, are welcome to resell the Cintrex AV brand if they choose to go to the market in this fashion, and we will support the Resellers as mutually agreed upon before ever contacting a Reseller's customer.
Regardless of which order paperwork type the Reseller uses, it is very important that the paperwork is complete so that we deliver a quality completed product per customer instruction.
Triplicate Order Form - Resellers complete the entire Cintrex triplicate order form, including necessary due date, number of product copies, and detail the specific work to be performed for the Customers’ order. It is important that the Resellers retain one copy of the order form in case there are later questions from Cintrex.
Resellers’ paperwork - In lieu of the triplicate order form, Cintrex will also accept the Reseller’s own paperwork.
Online Order Entry - Cintrex also provides online order entry, and requests that a copy of the online order form be included inside the package containing the customer’s order being shipped to Cintrex.
Resellers place order contents (tapes, film, cassettes, photo’s, etc.) in appropriately sized bags and container box, and take excessive care to make sure contents are securely protected from the rigors of common freight carrier shipment. Resellers know that they are handling very valuable, one-of-a-kind, irreplaceable items; and go to great pains to make sure the container box survives shipment to Cintrex.
If Resellers need a shipping service for sending in their orders to Cintrex, they are welcome to create and print off prepaid UPS shipping labels via the UPS label maker on the Cintrex partners’ website. After printing the label, place it on your package, and then either drop the package off at the nearest UPS store or dropbox, or hand the box over to their UPS driver. Inbound shipping is NO CHARGE when your box containing your order(s) has a wholesale value of at least $100. If less than $100 wholesale value, we apply a $10 shipping fee to one order inside your box.
Upon receipt into Cintrex, the container box’s order form and associated contents are catalogued and tracked through the Cintrex transfer process. The outside of the container box is marked/labeled with date of arrival into Cintrex, due date back to the Resellers, the respective Reseller’s name and customer name, and any special instructions noted on the order form.
Each service order is worked on by experienced Cintrex technicians.
The order form instructions are followed as written and marked by the Resellers. If questions come up, the Cintrex technician will call the Resellers for clarification. Common questions come up over order of transfer (which items get transferred first), title spellings, table of contents format, music selection, how many copies, whether a need exists to combine contents onto fewer disc’s, file formats, and due dates.
When the order is finished, Cintrex packages together the old contents and media, the new media with the transferred contents, a Cintrex invoice and a packing slip listing container’s content. The box is shipped via UPS, at no cost to Resellers, and shipped in time to meet the requested due date. Shipping is always via UPS ground, unless the order is a rush order, and then extra shipping charges will be applied as necessary to meet due dates.
Each shipping package has a tracking number, and Cintrex is able to provide order status and shipping status as requested by Resellers.
Typical turn-around time is 2 weeks within Cintrex from receipt of order to return of an order. Resellers can make arrangements with Cintrex for shorter intervals as necessary. Rush orders may cost more for additional labor to meet necessary due dates.
Upon Resellers’ receipt of finished Customers’ orders, Cintrex asks the Resellers to perform a final inventory check and review of the transferred contents, making sure the product meets expectations. Again, if something is wrong Cintrex will work with the Resellers to make it right as soon as possible, and satisfy our mutual Customers.
Payment is due after creation of a Cintrex invoice. Cintrex does not request money from Resellers until an order is completed. Typical terms are credit card payment with your AMEX, Discover, Visa, MasterCard, or your corporate check for payment.
Please call Cintrex if alternative terms are desired. Net 30 terms are available with credit form application. If Net 30 is granted, but average days to pay history is >30, Cintrex may request credit card payments or place customer on COD cashiers check.
Cintrex does send out statements when requested. If Resellers place their orders online with Cintrex, they are able to log-in as needed to see account balances, order status, and outstanding invoices.
Cintrex warrants that the work done for the Resellers meets the specifications asked for on the order form provided by the Resellers. If the work is not done to the satisfaction of the Resellers and does not meet the specifications on the order form, Cintrex will correct its work at no cost to the Resellers. The transfer services product has a one year warranty.
Cintrex AV backs up all completed orders for 90 days in its onsite local storage network.
This backup is available for future editing, loss replacement, or extra copies of finished orders.
Cintrex does not lose or damage Resellers orders; however, there is a limitation of liability statement on our order forms that protects both Cintrex and the Resellers; it is important that customer acknowledges this statement with their signature; the statement reads: “When submitting film or other material, customer acknowledges and agrees that liability for any loss or damage to film or other materials during the processing service will be limited to the replacement cost of a non- exposed roll of film and/or a blank media of similar size. Except for such replacement, store shall not be liable for any other loss or damage, direct, consequential, or incidental, arising out of customer’s use of said service. The undersigned hereby warrants that the material being presented for copying is not to his/her knowledge protected by copyright, owned by another, or that if the material is protected, the undersigned has obtained the permission of the copyright owner to make copies of the material”
Cintrex will transfer copyrighted film, video or audio recordings ONLY when one of the following conditions are met:
- The customer is the actual copyright owner, or
- The customer has obtained written permission to do so from the copyright owner. Copyrights are granted by the U.S. Library of Congress to the producing or holding company which created the content in question. Copyright is not transferred to the buyer upon purchasing a commercial videotape or cassette or professionally-released movie from a retail store, for example. It is a violation of applicable copyright laws under Title 17 of the U.S. Code as well as the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 and anti-piracy laws for Cintrex Audio Visual to transfer materials to DVD or CD for you for which we do not own the copyright.
1. Customers’ content is protected and not shared or distributed by Cintrex;
2. Cintrex and its Resellers shall take reasonable precautions to preserve in strict confidence any confidential or proprietary information exchanged between them concerning their business, products, equipment or services of either party, including without limitation, trade secrets. Such reasonable precautions shall include exercising precautionary measures designed to preserve the secrecy of such information and to prevent its disclosure to third parties, except following prior consent of the other party, with such precautions being at least equivalent to those taken by each party with respect to its own confidential information
Cintrex does not typically compete with Resellers for Customers’ business. Cintrex does not typically seek multiple Resellers within the same geography; nor does Cintrex typically grant geographic exclusivity to any Resellers.
Cintrex and Resellers cooperate together to deliver a quality transfer services product and to earn a profit for work performed. Cintrex appreciates your consideration of our company, and thanks its Resellers for doing business with Cintrex. Suggestions and comments about this document and doing business with Cintrex are always welcomed.
The transfer steps and processes are very similar for scanning film and video tapes, photo’s, negatives and slides. Some of the initial ingestion tools may be different at the transfer stations because of the differing nature of specific media access, but once the digitized content is placed on the network, then the processes involve the same computer tools and data appliances, the same new access media and storage options, and the same business processes. The common steps in the process are:
- Receipt of order and cataloging physical contents, including inspection of customer supplied contents for damage, and noting areas in need of repair
- Cleaning, repairing, and prepping the physical media as needed to ensure smooth transfer and conversion
- Assigning a sequence and order of transfer, so as to complete the job in as quick a professional manner as possible. Having a plan upfront saves time later on.
- Playing and ingesting the captured content, using proper projectors and players (representative of the right era and technology) and collection points to capture the content, digitize and encode the content.
- Placing captured content on our computer and storage network
- Editing the Content, preparing content for Transfer, transcoding or creating correct file types to match requested output
- Selection of proper new media, and transfer of captured, converted digital content to new media
- Presentation and Packaging
- Quality Control Inspection prior to shipment
- Interim storage up to 90 days of customer content
- Business Systems for order status, packing, tracking, updates, invoicing